WE BELIEVE THAT EDUCATION IN THE BODY ART INDUSTRIES SHOULD ALSO BE ABOUT PROVIDING A SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR EVERYONE IN YOUR SPACE.
What is first aid and how does it affect my business?
First aid is the immediate medical assistance given to someone suffering from an accident, injury or illness. First aid is given by ordinary trained people before professional medical help arrives.
The minimum first aid requirement in every workplace is:
- a first aid box (including the appropriate equipment).
- a person trained to administer first aid.
- first aid information for all employees.
Every employer in the UK, regardless of company size, is legally obliged to plan for the provision of first aid at work. Although not a legal requirement that all employers have a fully trained first aider, someone must be appointed to take charge of first aid in the workplace.
A special note for those who are self-employed: you also have an obligation to make sure that you have adequate first aid equipment for your work environment.
How can Cognition help and what do we offer?
At Cognition we have the ability to provide both site – and industry-specific first aid training for you and your staff. We have a network of fully qualified trainers that are able to provide a full and varied range of regulated courses provided by Nuco Training and regulated by First Aid Awards. Should your company desire an option that you cannot see in the list, please still get in touch as we can arrange bespoke non-regulated training for you and your employees.
Available training includes but is not limited to:
- Emergency First Aid at Work – FAA Level 3 Award / FAA Level 6 Scotland Award – 1-day
- FAW Re-qualification – FAA Level 3 / FAA Level 6 Scotland – 2-day
- First Aid at Work – FAA Level 3 / FAA Level 6 Scotland – 3-day
- Defibrillation – FAA Level 2 Award / FAA Level 5 Award Scotland (CPR & AED skills) – 1-day
- Defibrillation Annual Refresher – half-day
- Paediatric Emergency First Aid – FAA Level 3 / FAA Level 6 Scotland – 1-day
- Immediate Management of Anaphylaxis – FAA Level 3 Award / FAA Level 6 Award Scotland – 1-day
- Oxygen Therapy Administration – FAA Level 3 Award / FAA Level 6 Award Scotland – 1-day
- Activity First Aid – FAA Level 3 Award / FAA Level 6 Award Scotland – 2-day
- Annual Refresher for First Aiders – half-day
- Appointed Person – 2 hours
- Basic Life Support – FAA Level 2 – 3 hours
- Basic Life Support NON-REGULATED
- BLS & Safe Use of an AED – FAA Level 2 Award / FAA Level 5 Award Scotland – 4 hours
enquire about your bespoke course
Send us a message so we can discuss the First Aid needs for you and your business.